Devices and web services
- allows you to connect and support various devices
- quick and easy adding devices of the same type
- development, integration and support for various web services
- the ability to connect to various different services devices
- connecting and supporting large number of users
- logging (automatic recording when you create a new instance)
- integrated traceability system (who, whom, when, how)
- allows users a great deal of autonomy in making their own account, or to add a device or service
- management and support for a large amount of data (the Big Data area)
- guaranteed protection against the intrusion or data loss
- integrated tools for data import, data export, data editing
- performance and scalability are guaranteed when using large data sets.
- security protocols (SSL, roles, rights, Realm, CAPTCHA, …)
- allows you to provide better monitoring of the entire system with regard to:
- when errors occur
- error notification
- facilitating research causes of errors
Other comparative advantages
- support for a reliable and secure SaaS Cloud Services
- advanced functional support for mobile devices
- built-in tools for data processing and reporting
- multi language support, administrators can add new languages and content translations.
The main purpose of SMIP is to give users remote access to devices in a meaningful and user-friendly way. When a new device or set of devices needs to be accessible to users, custom device content has to be prepared in SMIP. This typically includes data variable definitions, Web dashboards, PDF/CSV/email reports, historical data acquisition definitions, access constraints (e.g., what will be accessible to technical staff and what to end users), label translations etc.
All content that is prepared for a particular device type is contained in a SMIP project. To connect to a concrete device an instance must be created from a project. Instances in SMIP are “living” objects that maintain connections to real-world devices and run data jobs.
The structure of a typical SMIP project with modules is shown bellow: